Thursday, February 2, 2012

Vegan Jello Shots

Sorry it took me awhile to get this to you...it's been a crazy week, but as promised here is my recipe for vegan jello shots! They were quite popular at the party I threw last weekend and super easy to make.

What you will need:
1 1/4 cup cranberry juice
1 tbsp lime juice
1 1/8 tsp agar agar powder
1 cup vodka
1/4 cup Grand Marnier (or any other orange liqueur)

1. In a medium sauce pan, heat half of the cranberry juice and agar agar powder on low heat until it starts to simmer, stirring constantly to make sure agar is fully dissolved.

2. Remove from heat and stir in the rest of the juices and the alcohol. Continue to stir until you're positive everything is good and combined.

3. Pour into a shallow glass pan (or jello shot cups like I used) and cool in the fridge for a few hours until they are nice and jello-y.

4. Cut into squares (if using the individual cups, just throw on some ice for party guests) and ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they're so simple and sound so yummy! I seriously need to make them!! Maybe I need to throw a party...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a jello shot, but now I want to try them!

    ReplyDelete